LUKOIL HOLDS ANNUAL GENERAL SHAREHOLDERS MEETING
OAO LUKOIL held its Annual General Shareholders Meeting in Moscow today to approve 2006 annual report and financial statements based on the fiscal year results.
The shareholders approved dividend distribution based on the Company’s performance in 2006 in the amount of 38 rubles per ordinary share (33 rubles in 2005). Amendments to the Company’s Charter and to Regulations on the Procedure for Preparing and Holding the Annual General Shareholders Meeting were ratified at the meeting.
The Annual General Shareholders Meeting also approved a resolution on authorized ordinary shares in the amount of 85 mln shares, with the nominal value of RUR 0.025 each. The resolution enables the Board of Directors to decide whenever necessary upon the issue of additional shares.
The size of remuneration and compensation of expenses to members of the Board of Directors and the Audit Commission was also approved. ZAO KPMG was recognized as LUKOIL’s independent auditor. The Annual General Shareholders Meeting also elected the Board of Directors and the Audit Commission and approved interested-party transactions.
The Annual General Shareholders Meeting also approved OAO LUKOIL’s membership in the SWIFT Russian National Association.
The following Board of Directors was elected by the shareholders:
1. Vagit Yu. Alekperov, President of OAO LUKOIL;
2. Mikhail P. Berezhnoi, General Director of the Non-State Pension Fund LUKOIL-GARANT;
3. Donald Evert Wallette, Jr., President of Russia/Caspian Region, ConocoPhillips;
4. Valery I. Grayfer, General Director of OAO RITEK;
5. Oleg Ye. Kutafin, Rector of the Moscow State Academy of Law;
6. Ravil U. Maganov, First Executive Vice-President of OAO LUKOIL;
7. Richard H. Matzke, former Vice-Chairman of Chevron Corporation;
8. Sergei A. Mikhailov, General Director of OOO Upravlyayuschaya Kompaniya Management-Consulting;
9. Nikolay A. Tsvetkov, Member of the Supervisory Board of OAO URALSIB;
10.Igor V. Sherkunov, Chairman of the Board of Directors of ZAO Investitsionnaya Gruppa Kapital;
11.Alexander N. Shokhin, President of Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (Employers).