power generating facilities are located in Russia, Romania, Bulgaria and Austria.
As of December 31, 2022, our aggregate power generation capacity, excluding the West Qurna-2 project and PJSC EL5-Energo, was 6.1 GW, with commercial power generation accounting for 69 percent of the total, and supporting power generation for the remaining 31 percent.
In 2022, PJSC LUKOIL acquired a controlling stake in PJSC Enel Russia (renamed to PJSC EL5-Energo). PJSC EL5-Energo includes three gas-fired power plants with a total installed capacity of 5.6 GW – Konakovskaya GRES, Nevinnomysskaya GRES, and Sredneuralskaya GRES, as well as two wind farms with a total installed capacity of 291 MW – Azovskaya and Kolskaya (including the second stage of the Kolskaya wind farm with a capacity of 31 MW and expected commissioning in 2023).
COMMERCIAL POWER GENERATION
The Group's main commercial heat generating facilities are located in the south of the European part of Russia. In particular, LUKOIL accounts for around 90% of electricity generation in the Astrakhan Region and around 60% in the Krasnodar Territory.
|Commercial electricity output, mln KWh||19,919||18,307||17,138||15,801||16,808|
The Group's major renewable energy assets are located in Russia (five HPPs with an cumulative capacity of 292 MW, output of 807 GWh in 2022).
We operate solar power plants in Russia, with a total capacity of 32.5 MW, and also in Romania, Bulgaria, and Austria, with an aggregate capacity of 11 MW. The solar farms are built on unutilized industrial sites across refineries and filling stations. In 2022, their total electricity output was 49 million kWh.
In addition, the Group owns the 84 MW Land Power wind power plant in Romania, which benefits from state support to renewable power generation.
Renewables made up 6.3 percent of the Group’s total commercial power generation in 2022.
SUPPORTING POWER GENERATION
Development of in-house electricity generation at fields and plants helps the Group reduce its electricity costs and achieve higher efficient APG use, for example as a fuel for gas power plants.
In 2022, supporting power generation by the Group totaled 7,781 million kWh, or 36 percent of LUKOIL’s total electricity consumption for production purposes.