Reduction of atmospheric emissions of production-associated pollutants is a series of priority activities under the Environmental Safety Program grouped together to form the "Clean air" subprogram. Key measures include:
- production equipment replacement or upgrades;
- use of emissions capture and treatment systems;
- increased utilization of associated petroleum gas;
- upgrades of flaring systems, including sootless flaring;
- fitting out tank farms and handling facilities of petroleum depots and filling stations with pressure vent valves, and petroleum product vapor recirculation and recovery systems.